|First Officer:||Arturus Steiner|
Description[edit | edit source]
The Skye Rangers Brigade is a House Steiner affiliated Unit with several Regiments and three attached Mercenary Units. The Skye Brigade is organized in a para-military manner, with rank structure and advancement of the members according to skill and activity. Important to us is having a friendly, team-oriented and objective focused Brigade, that Mechwarriors of all skill levels and ages feel comfortable with.
Unit History*[edit | edit source]
Originally the army of the Federation of Skye, where the Skye Rangers were once synonymous with courage and resolution, many in the LCAF and LAAF see them as divisive for their ties and support of Skye independence movements like Free Skye. The Skye Rangers have maintained close ties to its parent state, recruiting almost exclusively from the Federation. As such, the unit frequently sides with the Duke of Porrima, not the Archon. Therefore, the brigades loyalties are questionable.
Regiments & Structure[edit | edit source]
Structure[edit | edit source]
As a para-military organization, the Inner Sphere military structure is the basis for the Skye Brigade. One Regiment consists of up to three Battalions which again consist of up to three Companies. Each Company consists of three Lances with 4 Mechwarriors in each. The Regiments are lead by a Regiment Commander (RCOM) with his XO. Battalion Comanders (BCOMs), Company Commanders (CCOMs) and Lance Commanders (LCOMs) are promoted to certain ranks after proving their experience in battle. Chain of Command (CoC) is kept within each Regiment and the Skye Brigade and plays an important role within the Skye Rangers.
Regiments[edit | edit source]
The Skye Rangers Brigade consists of the following Regiments:
- Brigade Command
- Mobile Field Base (Fiction & Support)
- 1st Skye Jaegers (Tournament Play)
- 3rd Skye Rangers ("Freedom's Star)
- 4th Sky Rangers ("Albion")
- 10th Skye Rangers ("Black Watch")
- 17th Skye Rangers ("Boys of Summer")
- 22nd Skye Rangers ("Second Chance")
- 25th Skye Rangers ("All Guns Blazing" [EU Time-Zoned])
- Tamar Cavaliers (Pacific Time-Zoned)
- Skye Province Militia (Casual Mechwarriors)
- Dropship Reserves (Semi-Active Mechwarriors)
Affiliated Mercenary Units[edit | edit source]
- Grey Death Legion
- Kell Hounds
- Snord's Irregulars
Color Scheme & Insignia*[edit | edit source]
- The parade color scheme of the Skye Rangers is dark red, with the arms of 'Mechs, turrets of vehicles or rudders of fighters painted black. Each regiment has its own unique highlight color.
- The Rangers insignia takes for form of a yellow sun partly obscured by wisps of white clouds on blue sky disc.
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
The Skye Rangers are recruiting globally. Besides postings on the official MWO forums, you find Skye Rangers prove their affiliation during battles by posting in the global- and teamchat. To enlist in the Skye Brigade, follow >this link.
*taken in parts from Battletech Wiki on sarna.net