Quirks

From MechWarrior Online Wiki mechwarrior online, mwo, mech game, mwo wiki, mech online,
Jump to: navigation, search

What are Quirks?[edit | edit source]

The Quirks systems was implemented to both increase variety and to improve competitive balance between different 'Mechs and variants. Quirks provide small buffs and tend to be different on every variant. They can help emphasize a particular specialty.

On the majority of variants, the Quirks line up pretty well with the factory loadouts, but not in every case. Some have their Quirks tuned for the Champion variant instead.

Quirks do stack, so one that has +10% for Lasers in general, and one that has +10% for Medium Lasers, can be added together for a +20% to Medium Lasers.


General Quirk Categories[edit | edit source]

Most Quirks can be lumped into one of the following categories, with only a few exceptions:

  • Internal Structure
  • Armor
  • Maneuverability (Pitch, Yaw, etc.)
  • General Weapon Type (Energy, Ballistic, or Missile)
  • Specific Weapon Type (e.g. Large Laser *only*. That means it doesn't work with ER Large Lasers.)

External Links[edit | edit source]

Snafet's Quirk List