This ‘A’ Station HyperPulse Generator is located on the only rocky planet in a tri-body system and is facilitated by a massive complex encircling the main array. Because of the planet’s thin atmospheric density (of only ~25,000-75,000 atoms/cm3 at 263°K and 25-100 rads of 8000 keV radiation), the complex must be fully shielded and self-sustaining.The planets remoteness necessitates the conglomerate to also maintain a vast sensor array, house cargo & battlemech stations, fuel bunkers, warehouse facilities, living quarters and hangar bays. Although destroying the facility would be a crippling blow for the victors, it is deemed far too valuable and therefore appropriation is the preferred strategy.
- Central raised platform under HPG dish.
- Basement below the central platform.
- High wall surrounding the HPG dish area.
- Relatively open, cratered moon-like areas outside the walls.
- Controlling the basement allows a team to push out to any side of the central area.
- Controlling the platform under the HPG dish gives line of sight to most of the map.
- Using the upper platform ramps as cover is a safe way to move around the central area.
- Split pushing the upper platforms and basement can allow the basement group to flank the enemy.
- On conquest, 4 of the 5 control points are outside the main walls. A clever light mech can often prolong the game long enough for a cap win
MechWarrior Online Wiki|