|This article is being worked on. If you have suggestions or comments, please visit this page's discussion page. Thank you for your patience.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Forest Colony is one of the smaller maps in MWO and has two variants regular and Forest Colony Snow the major difference is the ambient temperature and the presence of the rockslide near to the tunnel exit
|Ambient Temperature:||30° C|
|Atm. Pressure:||Standard (Breathable)|
|Number of Satellites:||2 (Eagleshore, Eaglesea)|
|Surface Water:||62 percent|
|Star Type (Recharge Time):||G0V, Yellow (181 Hours)|
|Position in System:||3|
|Time to Jump Point:||10.46 days|
|Noble Ruler:||Duke Boris Jarvic|
|HPG Class Type:||B|
|Highest Native Life:||None|
Key Map Features[edit | edit source]
- Water on one side of the map.
- A ship for cover in the water.
- A tunnel in the land side clifs.
Common Strategies[edit | edit source]
- ATK LAND: All 'Mechs advance overland. (You might want to send a scout to the water to check for enemy activity.)
- ATK WATER: Opposite of the above.
- ATK LAND (TUNNEL): Most 'Mechs go through the tunnel and ATK from the opening. Ballistic and Missile Lances have less trouble with this strategy than Energy lances.
- Cautious ATK: Similar to the ATK LAND but heavier 'Mechs find cover and scouts go further and spot targets.
- DEF BASE: Defend around base. Unless you send your scouts out to recon, you have no idea which way the enemy Lance is coming from. But when your scouts find them, this strategy can turn into a useful Counter ATK.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you don't stick with cover out on the water, LRMs can rip you to shreds.