Crimson strait divides two major land masses and is an exclusive economic zone that has been in on-going dispute for many decades. At its mid-point, lies a major metropolis skirted by an airport and shipping terminal, which also serves as the city’s main entry point. The port is surrounded on two sides by a high cape and a steep mountain ridge. The strait gets its name from the reddish pigment in the water which is derived from the metabolising of naphthalenes from endophytes living in marine plants; which also has a side effect of producing a slightly sweet aroma.Although this large capacity transshipment port has limited storage capabilities, most goods are cross-docked and therefore a high risk hub for contraband and derivative contraband such as BattleMech parts, technology and chassis.
Along with having commercial shipping airport facilities, dignitaries and business people usually arrive here as it is deemed the most secure point of entry on the northern continent.
- 2 high mountains divide most of the map
- Between the 2 mountains, there is pass known as "the saddle"
- One one side of the saddle there is a raised platform, on the other an urban/industrial area
- Under the large central mountain there is a short-cut tunnel with 3 entrances
- Half of the map is dominated by a shallow sea with a tall rocky island
- Large buildings can be found throughout the map
- Scouting is key as there are only 3 possible paths through the map
- The saddle is the fastest path from one spawn to the other
- Going around the mountains and through the city gives a team the most cover
- The tunnel can be used to get behind and flank an enemy team
- The raised platform is vulnerable to LRMs and strikes, but gives a team the option of either going over the saddle or dropping down under the platform
- Going behind the rocky island in the sea can be a safe way for light mechs to get from one side of the map to the other, rather than going under the platform
MechWarrior Online Wiki|